MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nicko got hitched!

Nicko, an old friend of mine got married last weekend. It has been years since I saw his family so I was excited to see them at his wedding. His mom and sisters all looked beautiful and his dad couldn't be any prouder. Nicko's face was pasted with his foolish grin trademark the whole time. He seemed very nervous but genuinely happy. As much as I like this guy, I always think of him as carefree, reckless and immature. Even at his wedding, I can see that he's still the old happy-go-lucky kid. He walks around laughing, talking to himself, drinking beer and occassionaly scratching his head.





However, there were a couple of moments when I catch him looking lovingly in his bride's eyes. Then he'd give her a smile full with promise of undying love for her and their unborn child. It was a smile saying 'wonderful things are coming our way'. How did I know that? Well, it was the same smile that Sherwin gave me when he dropped me off at the hotel the day before our wedding. We were fighting that day but before I closed the door, he said in an i-told-you-so voice, "I told you I'm gonna marry you" and then left with that smile.

I just love weddings, don't you?

1 comments:

asics shoes sale said...

Cappy got hitched Why do you got the friends the friends you got?I met Cap in HS at a party in, of all places, a Jewish synagogue