MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

everyday. this.

I have a lot of dreams when I was a kid. A beautiful wedding at my favorite church, a stable job in a big office with spectacular view, a 3 bedroom house with a small garden and of course a loving husband who will be my bestfriend when I'm old.

My dreams came true, except for the house part. I got married in a beautiful church, had a stable job and a wonderful husband. Still, I never dreamed of becoming a mother. The thought never crossed my mind even once. Whenever I have to look out for my cousins or pamangkins, I thank God that they're not mine.

Yet look at me now. Smelling fresh poop straight from a diaper, checking if the smell or consistency is alright. I can still taste the snot on my mouth and I don't even have a cold. The once always-fully -made-up face has now been replaced with pasty-big-pores-accentuated-with-black-circles-under-the-eyes look. Gone are the swirly skirts, fashionable tops, vintage accessories and fitted jeans. My wardrobe now consists of buttoned down cheap blouses and my perfume smells like milk and sweat combined.



I had a huge lifestyle change when Sandy was born. There were good things and not so bad ones. I found a work-from-home job that pays good and I can breastfeed and be with her all the time. On the other side, I had to say goodbye to going out with my girlfriends. Besides the fact that Sandy doesn't want to leave my side, I find going out a little tiring and meaningless. I stopped communicating with my friends for awhile. Oh yes, they would love to hear about the new baby, but who wants to listen to someone talking about the same thing over and over again? They are all childless, you see, so no one will understand why I worry about food passing to the breastmilk. Or why Sandy's poop has a different color, or how amazing it is that she can say pah-pah. I also stopped checking out shoe stores because my time is so limited and I'd rather spend all of them browsing through baby items. I turn on the TV to watch my favorite show and Sandy will kick and scream so I'll end up watching her instead. At night, when she's asleep, I'll slowly creep out of the bed to get some work done. And when I'm done working, I'll realize that I'm not sleepy anymore. So to keep myself busy, I'll make sure that she's comfortable. I'll start by checking if her head is in the right angle, or if her back is positioned properly. My eyes will start to close then, my lips parting slightly, getting ready to dream. All of a sudden, she'll move, first looking to her right, then to her left and finally, she'll whimper and tap me. There's no use pretending you're asleep coz she'll just whisper those sweet sounds, "haa, haaa, hayyy, haaa" and you wouldn't want to miss that. After getting 2-3 hrs of sleep, you'll see the faint light passing through the blinds and hear the stirrings of a waking baby. I often find myself wishing if I can just sleep a little longer. Sometimes, I even wish that I'm just dreaming, that I can sleep as long as I want, that I can still do whatever I please. There are mornings when she's still a couple of weeks old (I think I'm experiencing the baby blues then), that I wish everything will just go away. I know I can't ignore her any longer. I open my eyes and see her face light up at the thought of knowing mommy's just beside her. And she'll start to smile this cute little smile that will become a huge toothless grin once you start singing "Good morning, good morning" from a diaper commercial jingle.

That's my life right now. And I won't change a thing.




24 comments:

national tyres discount code said...

Oh wow, I like all the snap of this post. If your dream become true then sure your life is happy. Ya, It's true that I become more happy when kid come with you and say "Papa"

Debt Advice said...

The face once ever made has now been completely replaced by pasty-big-enhanced pore-with-black-circles-under-the-eyes look. No more swirling skirts, fashion tops, and jeans with vintage accessories. My wardrobe now consists of buttoned sweaters cheap and my perfume smells like milk and sweat together.

Juicy Couture said...

Yes,you will be more happier if your son can say"mom",Kids are really lovely,they can bring happiness for you and your lover!

Ray Ban sunglasses said...

A beautiful wedding at my favorite church, a stable job in a big office with spectacular view,and a loving husband.That is my dream.I envy you because you have made your dream come ture.

Moncler Jackets said...

wow...
Very beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.

MBT Shoes said...

I wish one day I could be a policewomen when I am young.But now I wish one day I could travel all the world.

jimmy choo said...

Owo! The baby is very lovely!i like the baby.You are very happy family.

Tiffany jewelry said...

The baby is very lovely.Wish she will happy everyday.Thank you for sharing.

Juicy Couture Outlet Online said...

The baby is so cute,her eyes is most beautiful!

Prada Outlet said...

I almost passed your website up in Google but now I’m glad I stopped by and got to read through it. I’m definitely more informed now. I’ll be recommending your site to some friends of mine. They’ll get a kick out of what I just read too.

asics shoes sale said...

Thank you for your usefull information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wanderfull massage.

coach outlet said...

This blog is really interesting. It is really hard to believe that by giving the link we can increase the traffic to our website.

MAC Cosmetics said...

So cute,thank you for sharing me your happy.it's very interesting.

LeBron James Shoes said...

You do have a wonderful life, keep it happy.

nike shox outlet said...

Thank you for your usefull information!

Prada sunglasses sale said...

Superb! Generally I never read whole articles but the way you wrote this information is simply amazing and this kept my interest in reading and I enjoyed it

Prada handbags sale said...

Thanks for your share experience with us, I like this post, not only it has taught me a lot, but also let me continuous learning everyday. I will visit your new blog post every day, my dear friend.

gucci outlet online said...

thank you for your sharing, I am your sincere reader, lear more from here

juicy Couture Handbags said...

the child is so cute and nice .this post is so great.

nike shox clearance said...

you're right, you're just for me is very useful. I really like your post.

Juicy couture Outlet said...

Interesting article, thanks for sharing this whit us. I never expected that kind of things, I'm surprised! :) Thanks again and try to make it a bit longer next time.

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 tramadol next day - does tramadol 50mg get you high

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online no prescription cheap buy tramadol overnight - cheap tramadolonline

Anonymous said...

order tramadol online europe or buy tramadol with echeck or order tramadol overnight mastercard or order generic tramadol online or buy tramadol online 180 tablets or buy tramadol online with a cod or tramadol for sale online no prescription