MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One year ago

A year ago, I gave birth to a 7.2 lbs baby girl. I was in labor for approx. 2 hours only and and I told myself then that I'm willing to have lots of babies if the delivery is going to be that fast. I thought that we we're already done with the hard part. Imagine our shock the first time we changed our little Sophia's nappy. It took us 30 minutes because she kept on crying and we had no idea what to do. We knew it wasn't easy to raise a baby but we didn't know it was gonna be that hard. It really was a very difficult year for us. Our daughter has cross-milk allergy giving her rashes, diarrhea and tons of tummy aches. Breastfeeding was the only solution at the time. I'm telling you that it doesn't come naturally, you have to work hard if you're serious in breastfeeding exclusively. She's also unlike any other babies that you see sleeping inside their strollers or staring at their mobiles. She hates her crib, stroller, sling and carrier. She doesn't have any quiet time, wouldn't sit still, wakes up when you put her to bed and had to be carried all the time. Having said all that, Sandy grew up to be very confident, smart and sweet. I guess all those carrying and nursing paid off. It was an exhausting ride but I wouldn't want to miss a thing. (There's more to come I know!)

Anyway, I still can't believe that she's already a year old. Here are the things that I'm looking forward now that she's one.
1. We can now try feeding her soy, wheat, small amounts of dairy. That means mommy can also start eating some of them hehehe.
2. She's learning to walk and I can't wait to see her run wild.
3. Hopefully, she will learn to sleep through the night :D
4. She's starting to babble a lot and even understands a lot of instructions
5. More out of town trips for us

4 comments:

Rosetta Stone said...

When my mother is coming, so the step up at her feeling very happy

Nike shox clearance said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

moncler jackets said...

I think these things are very well. Now the network shopping is very wise choice. Thank you for the recommended!

ray ban sunglasses sale said...

Gradually she will have a lot of sense to know how many