MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Typhoon Milenyo, thawed breastmilk and credit cards

Manila was hit with Typhoon Milenyo, signal number 3 last week. We didn't have any electricity and water for 5 days so we decided to check in a condotel/hotel. However, all the hotels and condotels were fully booked at the time. I had to fight tooth and nail just to get a reservation. We were like those characters in the movies who were travelling and sleeps from one motel to another. It made a very huge dent on our wallets because most of the cheaper rooms were booked and the only ones available are worth 5k and up. It's all worth it though seeing Sandy fully rested.







We spent most of our days at the mall. Here's Sandy having lunch at Gerry's with Barney.









And then here's us begging for power, LOL.(Sandy fell asleep without nursing so she must be really tired)





Our credit card bills are so high this month which is very unusual for us. I'm positive that we can clear all of them for the next two months though. I hate having debts even when I was single so I always make sure to pay our credit card balance even before it starts to accumulate interest.

I didn't have any DSL connection as well so I've been working in an Internet cafe at SM Bicutan for the past 5 days. All of my 110 oz. of stored breastmilk were thawed because of the goddamn brownout. Sandy drinks milk every 2-3 hours so I can't stay outside for more than 3 hrs. This means I have to work quickly and make the most of my 2 hrs at the cafe. Then go back to nurse Sandy and put her to sleep. Go back to the cafe again to upload whatever task I was able to finish. By night time, I was so exhausted to do anything else. Sherwin is still sick, poor hubby! I tried to take care of him as well but Sandy is a handful so there's not much TLC to go around.

The good news is I finally had my internet back yesterday afternoon so I'm working from home again. Hurray

0 comments: