MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Eight medicines you shouldn't give your preschooler

Young children are much more likely than adults to have adverse drug reactions, so giving your preschooler prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medication – even "herbal" medicines – is serious business. Here are some medicines you shouldn't give your 2- to 4-year-old
1. Aspirin
2. Over-the-counter cough and cold medicines
3. Anti-nausea medications
4. Adult medications
5. Any medication prescribed for someone else or for another condition
6. Anything expired
7. Extra acetaminophen
8. Chinese herb ma huang (ephedra or ephedrine)
Cautionary note: Chewables

7 comments:

vibram five fingers said...

This is a great post,which has a lot of readers.
Such kind of post giving us various knowaledge,it worthy to read.

laser hair removal new york city said...

I think this post is very useful for today's generation mother. I appreciate your tips for the medicines. Now a day's All mother must take care about medicines to her son. Thanks for sharing this post..

asics shoes said...

Thank you for sharing, you're right, you're just for me is very useful. I really like your post.

asics shoes said...

so giving your preschooler prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medication – even "herbal" medicines – is serious business. Here are some medicines you shouldn't give your 2- to 4-year-old

gucci outlet said...

Good article you post! It enlarge my knowlege on the point!Thank You for the post. I love to read interesting post that has knowledge to impart. I hope to read more articles from you and in return I will post also my articles in the forum so that others can benefit from it. Keep up the good work!

Tiffany Jewelry said...

i am 26. for me the best things is so many, for i am a Easy to meet girl or woman.

Tiffany Jewelry said...

yes, we have to be care for of this espasially the parents.