MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

There's nothing sadder than losing a child

I stumbled upon Diane's post about her son Huey, who passed away last week. I think having to bury your children is the most terrible thing that can happen to a parent. It will get easier in time but the pain, I'm absolutely sure, will never go away.

As I look at my daughter sleeping soundly, I can't help but share Diane's pain. I can't and I refuse to imagine that something can take Sandy away from me. Not being able to touch her little hands, smell her sweaty hair and hear her sweet voice will probably lead me to my own death.

Remember to give your children all the love that you can give. Hold them a little tighter, a little longer. Spend time with them whenever you can. Just be there for them. There's no such thing as too many kisses.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Hello Joy!

Thank you so much for posting about me and what happened to my son. I am still recovering to our loss. It is really painful it happened. I love my son so much! I am trying to be strong for my husband. Many says that I am so strong, but they didn't know deep inside I am full of grieving. I miss my son so much! Still cry whenever I think of him. How I wish I can get him back. Do take good care of your little one. She was so precious. Thanks again! Posting here made me cry. Im sorry. ='(