MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Last Saturday

Saturday was Sandy's schedule for typhoid vaccine at the UST hospital. She's always excited to go to her pedia, Lola Beck, because of the kids roaming the hallways and the toys and books that are scattered around her office. She will chat with all the babies and do all her tricks while we wait for her turn. Even if she cries after every shot, she still kisses her Lola Beck goodbye. The last shot I think was a bit painful for her though. She kept on saying "akit" (sakit) and "ichi" (itchy).

Before I forget, I saw Aggie and her family! We were about to go inside the elevator when I saw a familiar looking guy. At first, I thought he looked a lot like Aggie's husband. But when I saw the little girl he was carrying, I knew right then that it was them. Martha is such a cutie and so behaved. Matthew was walking in front of his sister and dad while Aggie was in front of them, walking really fast as if leading the troop. It was really cool seeing them in person when I only get to read about them and see their photos online.

From the hospital, we went to Tondo to visit Sherwin's Lola Imang. She didn't have a husband and children of her own because she was so busy taking care of everybody. She took care of her brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews (Sherwin's dad) and their kids (Sherwin and cousins). We were told she doesn't want to eat and just wanted to lie down. When she saw us however, she stood up and sat with us on the dining table. I could say she was very happy to see us. She loves her apos very much that she cries whenever she sees them. Her mind and body are not as strong as it used to be. She thinks she’s in Tarlac instead of Manila. I could see that Sherwin was a bit sad the remaining afternoon even when he tries to crack jokes about her Lola Imang's hidden treasure. It's really sad seeing your elders get weaker everyday. These are the times when they shouldn't be left alone. That's one good thing about us Filipinos, we always take care of our elders. When the time comes, I hope I could be there for my parents as well.

1 comments:

Aggie said...

Hi Dzoi :D Sana sinagawan mo ako LOL. I walk really really fast, never kami nagholding hands ni Edil habang naglalakad hahahaha :D It was my kids' check up as well last Saturday :D