MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

One less item from my to-do list

My new portfolio is up! I applied the current web 2.0 style just to prove to myself that I can do it. There are no requirements for web 2.0 but you could easily recognize them. Examples are 3d gradients, transparent or mac-looking buttons, big font size, reflective and shiny surfaces, and lots of white spaces. I know they all tend to look the same but what the heck! It's so clean and easy to the eyes.



I'm so used to heavy graphics and heavy table-laden pages that I can do them in my sleep. (See my old portfolio here.) However, tables are a thing of the past and I know I should start keeping up with the younger and better web designers out there. (yiikes!) I've been struggling for months on creating a web site using CSS only. Now, I am so proud to say that my new site is free of tables and passed the W3C validator! In short, I am soooo updated, new, fresh and definitely IN. Finally!

I'm probably not making any sense here. You might not get the point but if you're a web designer (and an oldie), the way you code and present your portfolio is very important if you're trying to impress prospective clients. So to my old designer friends, say goodbye to your < tables > and welcome the < divs >.

Now if only I can keep it up for my future site projects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWEE! Ang ganda nman ng profile mo. =) PM me sa pricing please.. try ko hanap kita client.. hehhehe

www.gandacious.com

Joy said...

salamat miz amore!

sige nga, pagkalat mo services ko. ikaw na bahala magpatong sa price :D

Anonymous said...

I can perfectly relate to this. I used to design webbies din and I used tables a lot! And now I'm learning all about CSS din.

love your designs by the way :)

moncler jackets said...

Thank you for sharing!This is a wonderful feeling when you go shopping.The concept has been conceived and finished the final combination.