MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Papa's Girl

She is. It’s sweet yet hard most of the time. Unlike me, hubby works in a real office and he’s out 10-12 hrs a day. I’m not really sure when it started exactly. She used to love only me! Haha. But now, Sandy wants to see her Papa all the time. When she wakes up, she’ll look on hubby’s bed and say “Papa, no more, opis” in a very sad voice. While playing then suddenly remembering something funny that she did with Papa, she’ll say “Papa, no more, opis?” in a hopeful voice. When she hears someone playing PS2, she’ll forcefully take my hand while saying, “Let’s call papa!!!” or “Go to Papa?”. Whenever she realizes that I’m not doing anything, she’ll make this “mukasim” face then cry and wail and shout until I give in and start “doing something”. And when I say do something, it means come up with several excuses why her Papa’s not here. She doesn’t want to hear the word “office” because that would mean there’s no way she can see him right that moment.

I find it sweet, really. Still, it breaks my heart a little that she gets sad and I can’t do anything to make her Papa appear. I can take the I’m-just-trying-your-patience wailings but the genuine I’m-so-sad-mommy cries are just so hard to bear.

0 comments: