MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bookworm Meme

From randomness.

1. Do you like to read? What is your fav book? author?
Very much. My favorite book/series is the Griffin and Sabine Trilogy by Nick Bantock. I also enjoy books by Paolo Coehlo especially The Alchemist and Eleven Minutes.

2. Do you hate it when they turn a book into a film?
Not really. What I don't like about it though is that lots of events and dialogues get cut in films. There's so much more that you can say in books and it will take more than five hours to do all that in movies.

3. Has a book ever changed your life? How?
All the time. I get inspired to reach for my dreams with The Alchemist. While on the Griffin and Sabine, I began believing in magic and parallel worlds again. On the Time Traveler's wife, I feel really bad for the character because of his condition. It makes me appreciate my life and do things to improve it.


4. Do you tend to borrow books from the library or do you prefer to buy them?
I prefer my own collection so I always buy them, mostly second hand so it's cheaper.

5. Which book are you planning on reading next?
100 years of solitude

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello friends

Darende Darende Kaplıcalar Malatya

Anonymous said...

Good thinking about Books. I like your thinking. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nothing irritates me more then when a book I enjoyed and loved is turned into a mediocre movie.

Examples of these would of course have to include "The Da Vinci Code" (Harrison Ford completely own Tom Hanks) and "Red Dragon."