MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The balance

I had a product training with my client last week. I woke up at 6am after sleeping at 1am just so I can prepare and rehearse my script. Since Sandy is such a light sleeper, I’ve decided to do the training downstairs. I asked the new yaya to watch Sandy, went down with my laptop and checked if my Internet connection is stable. I also got an email from the client telling me that he’s waiting for my call. Just when I’m about to ring him, I heard the little girl cry. I panicked, the new yaya can’t handle Sandy yet and I know she’s looking for my milk. I had to choose quickly. All my training docs were open, laptop already connected and company phone all set to dial. I didn’t care, though. I suddenly find myself in the bedroom, nursing Sandy to sleep, thinking how bad it will look if I delay the training for 30 minutes or so. Very unprofessional, I know. But Sandy comes first.

0 comments: