MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Last Night

All the baby books say that a 20-month-old toddler should have about 12-14 hrs of sleep daily. If that was a test, Sandy would be failing miserably. She slept a total of 6 hrs last night. We turned off the lights at 10pm and her Papa went to the other room to watch TV so the little one can go to sleep. She couldn’t, though. There was a photo of Sherwin’s dad in our room and she kept on saying “scared, lolo cesar!”. After about 30 minutes of being tugged and pulled by Sandy, I turned on the lights and got up to put the photo outside our room. When she saw the picture, she just smiled and said, “Hi, Lolo Cesar!” which made me wonder if she was really scared at all. So I placed the picture outside and went back to our room hoping that the absence of the photo will put her at ease. Once inside, she embraced me again while saying, “who’s that? who’s that?”. (awooooo) Being a scary cat that I am, I assumed she was seeing something scary to the point that I’m already planning of ways to cure her “third eye”. I’m being silly, I know! But I was sleepy and tired and all I can hear is Sandy’s scared voice and the way her sharp nails are digging into my skin. I turned on the lights for the nth time and decided to tell her Papa about the “problem”. Her lola and tito heard about it and went to our room to play with her a bit so she can forget whatever it is that was bothering her. Bad idea! She got so hyper and excited that she couldn’t sleep anymore. To cut the story short, we all slept around 12:40AM. The only good thing about last night is that Sandy fell asleep in her Papa’s arms. It was one of those very rare nights that she didn’t fall asleep nursing. I guess her Papa’s rendition of “Yesterday” by the Beatles was enough.

0 comments: