MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Want To Sing?

Here's a typical conversation between Sandy and me.

sandy: Mommy, want to sing Today?
me: sure, (sings) "today, while the blossom…"
sandy: moon river!
me: "moooon riveeeeeer…wider than a"
sandy: today!
me: (sighs) "todaaaaay, while the blossom…"
sandy: moon river mommy please


After a couple of minutes playing this game, she will settle in one song and will start to sing on her own “tudey, why the busom, stil clings tudabayn”. She knows the words, I tell you. It’s really amazing to hear her sing especially when she starts to hum Moon River. She can sing it up to the “rainbows bend” part.

She also loves the “Name that Tune” game wherein I hum the songs and she will guess it at the first or two notes by singing the words. She’s so good at this. The selections are Backyadigan theme, Mr. Sun, Butterfly song, Moon River, Today, Happy Birthday, Rock a bye baby, ABC, Jack & Jill, Twinkle twinkle and more. She’s also very creative. She replaces the words “baby” in the ‘rock a bye baby’ song with Papa, butterfly, mama, chloe, barney or whoever it is that she’s putting to sleep.

Last night, she wanted “Somewhere over the rainbow” so her Papa and I sang it to her until she fell asleep. This afternoon she already knows the words and singing “somewhere ober the rainbo, weyapay”.

What a funny little girl. And she’s only 21 months old!

0 comments: