MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weekend Rest?

What a very tiring weekend we had.

Saturday: Went to UST for a baby wellness check up with Sandy’s cousin Chloe. It was chaotic, as always. Traffic, lots of people and the weather didn’t help at all. I should’ve listened to Sherwin when he said not to bring Sandy to her pedia anymore because it’s just going to be a check up. Sandy’s pedia didn’t check her, just looked and played with her for a bit. Her cousin Chloe had her 2nd shot though which reminded me of those days when Sandy was a weak and helpless baby. After UST, we dropped her Lola and Tito’s in my mom-in-law’s office so we can go to the mall. Sandy cried so hard because she thought they left her in the car with us (her parents!). I didn’t make a big deal out of her crying because I know she will have to stop eventually. Boy, I was wrong! She threw up instead. She had puke all over her body and all over the car. Sobrang kawawa itsura nya We decided to stop and clean her up in her Lola’s office. When Sandy saw the puke in her body, she said, “Hala, lagot!” in a trying to be brave voice. We didn’t have any spare clothes for her so we borrowed her cousin’s newborn cardigan and shorts. Good thing they’re big! We went to Glorietta with Sandy wearing a hanging cardigan and a very short shorts. We shopped for her clothes and then she fell asleep in my arms. Which is why I’m still aching up to now. My back and arms are so stiff as if I just finished working out for 2 hours.

Sunday
My date with my girlfriends didn’t push through and was re-scheduled next week. I’d probably be too tired to enjoy it anyway. We just spent the day at home watching tv with chips and pancit canton.

I told Sherwin I want to get away from it all, asap. I’m tired and frustrated with life’s drudgery that I have this need to start all over. We had this dream before we got married. That we would put up a house in Batanes and start our family there. No traffic, no crimes, lots of water, nice weather and folks. It was a far away dream back then, now it’s just plain out of the question.

To dream the impossible dream.

0 comments: