MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

TV and Toddlers

I kept on reading about how you shouldn't let you kids watch too much TV. This is why The Husband and I agreed to shower Sandy with books so she'll busy herself with them instead of the usual "babysitter". I don't condemn parents who let their kids watch TV though. I mean, we all deserve a couple of minutes rest here and there. Hearing mommies talk about how their 6-10 months old babies love to watch Dora, etc. for long periods of time makes me wonder if Sandy is "late" in this area. At 11 months, our little one doesn't like TV which is also the reason why I didn't know what character she would like on her 1st birthday party. I tried to introduce her several cartoons but she only liked Barney when she reached her 14th month. Now that she's 2 yrs old, she likes to watch some cartoons like Hi5, Lazy Town or anything that includes singing and dancing. Still, I could see that she gets bored after 10 minutes and would rather poke at her books or run around the house. It's a good thing right?

0 comments: