MY NEW BLOG

Please visit my main blog at http://myblog.joyreyes.com See you there!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Working Offline

The Husband is down with dengue fever so I'm spending all my days at the hospital. Even if Makati Medical City is expensive, it sucks to know that they don't have wi-fi or dial up at least in the hospital rooms. I figured I'd just bring my portable hard drive and work in a cafe but turned out that there are not too many internet cafes around the hospital as well. My only option is to download work to my laptop when I'm at home then bring my laptop to the hospital so I can work offline. This setup is working so far, except I really miss browsing the Internet. There are also moments when I needed to check information online but since I don't have connection, I put off another unfinished task so I can continue at home. I badly want to get things back to order again. SOON.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dengue fever!!!! is really teriable..It's so sad of your husband.& so sad that "Makati Medical City" is expensive, it sucks to know that they don't have wi-fi or dial up at least in the hospital rooms.It's really hurt post to read....

Aggie said...

Joy kung dun pa din ako sa PS nagwowork pwede tyo tumambay sa McDonalds at magchikahan na lang hehehe.

Bruha, nagvisit ako sa blog ni Sherwin, totoo bang cinco na itich? WOW!!!

Aggie said...

Chineck ko zero sa iba pero sa toolbar ko cinco eh, LOL. Naexcite ka ba masyado? :D

Anonymous said...

i hope your husband will be well soon and internet become available to you again.really it is very boring without internet.thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Bruha, nagvisit ako sa blog ni Sherwin, totoo bang cinco na itich?

Anonymous said...

From time to time I look gladly here past, in order to read the well written contributions as suggestions. Here I would like to leave a greeting from Thuringia in Germany!

Anonymous said...

I saw in other post that your hubby is back from hospital. Good to see that...congrats

I have tried what you will be trying...download work to laptop and work on it when you are free but don't have any Internet connection.

Why don't you buy a data card for your lappy?

music essays said...

This is interesting. Thanks.